Translate

Monday, December 10, 2012

Binding Clip Practice

 
I wanted to work on my technique to completely machine sew my bindings...and I needed some new pot holder! These are a couple of orphan blocks that were hanging on the design wall that I layered with Insulbrite (sp?) and quilted.




I did the potholder on the right first, using a 2.5" strip and did a mitered joining. On the left, I used a 2" strip and tried a different technique (due to a mistake) to finish the binding. As you can see it wasn't a success. I would use the 2" strip again (or maybe 2 1/4"), but would miter. The experimental technique was just too bulky to neatly sew over.



My technique still needs some work, but I'm liking it so far. If it's not going to be judged...why not...it's so much faster than hand finishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment