Translate

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

I finally finshed some things!!!

The table runner is finished...actually it's the first quilty thing that I've completely finished (an A.D.D. newbie) and I think it turned out very well!

This is the front....



...here's the back that I pieced from a scrap pack that I purchased....



...and here's what the quilting looks like. I used a stencil and pounce and an air erase marking pen. The high contrast squares were a doozy, requiring both the pounce and marking pen to do.



This was made from some scrap wood from the game room. I printed out an image of a pine tree, taped it to the wood and took the Dremel to it. Then some black paint was bushed on the image and wiped off. Then I took the orbital sander to it and then the belt sander. It received four coats of sealant (with sanding in between coats) and a coat of wax.

2 comments:

  1. Love the wood piece, you are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and the quilting, how do you do that? I have only tried straight lines so far, looks great!

    ReplyDelete