Translate

Monday, December 13, 2010

Christmas Hostess Gift


Friday we had some of our friends over for cards. As usually when we gather, everyone brings their beverage of choice (usually wine) and a food contribution. Appetizer/finger food was to be served, so I baked a brie in dough and wrapped cocktail wienies in the extra dough and baked them up.

Saturday evening we went to friends house for dinner and cards. I baked a creamy pear pie...a big hit!


I needed a hostess gift and didn't feel like running into town to shop for one, so I headed up to my quilt room after the pie was in the oven. I don't have a big stash and have just recently added a few pieces of Christmas fabric.

Fortunately, I have quite a bit of Insul-Bright left from when I made a heat proof table pad, so I double layered the Insul-Bright, adjusted the tension, quilted it, and put the binding on with time to spare.

The hot pad was unwrapped and went directly on the table to replace a folded green tea towel!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That was fast! You can create like the wind blows! LOL! That is a super great last minute gift. Genius.

    ReplyDelete