After a certain point in the block construction, I knew this was going to be a bit wonky in the end. I ran out of some of the fabrics and wasn't able to redo all the blocks in the non-pattern method that gave me square blocks. When I looked at the digital photo, I noticed even more wonkiness...so DD will be instructed to use this on her table...wonkiness should be less noticeable there. I really love the design and colors, so I will be making DD another one for her wall. Like I said, I ran out of some fabrics and didn't have anymore of the solid black left, so I'll probably use one of the two fabrics hanging there on the side for the binding.
These are the fabrics that I'm going to piece for the backing and she will end up with a double sided table topper.