Translate

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Lemonade Pillow....Or Reject Hex Block


To most of you, this probably looks like a quilt block...it was suppose to one, but now it's going to be a lemonade pillow for the back porch. You know...when life (or screw ups) gives you lemons...you make lemonade.

(BIG SIGH)

What have I learned today.......if you're going to use starch, I think it would have been wiser to have sprayed, pressed, and then cut...and not the reverse like I did (things can get ever so slightly wonky)....when you're experimenting don't try and get to precise to avoid wasting some fabric (live with a little waste...bad things can happen...especially if you may have been just a skosh more generous in your seam allowance).



(Another Big Sigh)

Tomorrow or maybe latter tonight, I'll add a border, cut a back and stuff the pillow.
When it's done, I think it will be a pretty darn cute lemonade pillow.

No comments:

Post a Comment