Translate

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Start Of A Baby Quilt


This is the very beginning of a quilt for my granddaughter that will be born in May. It was photographed under florescent lighting and it turned the deep purple rather blueish. Awards for photograph are not in my future.


I wasn't sure about the layout...I tried some of the different zigzag layouts that I've seen on line. They were just to busy for my taste so I went back to this layout. I'll post a picture of one layout tomorrow. In hind site, I wish I had used 4 1/2" HSTs instead of 3 1/2" ones.

The pressure is on...we've scheduled a road trip to Texas and we're leaving next Thursday. We'll be gone about a week and will be visiting just east of San Antonio. I'm so excited about seeing the river walk!!!!

Fortunately, I have more accomplished than the photos indicate...the quilt top is together, so is the changing mat, and this morning I finished a smaller (24 x 30) quilt in the fabric family. It will be good while the baby is still tiny and will make a great doll quilt for her. There are enough scraps left to do a runner for a dresser, but that will have to come later.

Quilting will begin tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment