I made a freezer paper template up to make sure I would be able to fit six placemat on the table. A little more (about a quarter inch on each side of the narrow end) had to be angle trimmed off to allow for the binding space taken up.
It only seems right for them to do double duty, so I did the backing pairs in matching fabric.
I'm still using the snowman side as I still have my snowmen out. The binding method used was faux flange...no bias cuts were used on the curve and it worked just fine.
Something bright for spring and summer! This was one of the first pieces of fabric that I purchased several years before I ever thought about quilting. I walked into a fabric store in Cedarburg, Wi, and fell in love with this fabric. Until now, I never had the heart to cut into this fabric.
Because the fabric has so much going on, I used different blacks for the faux flange binding.
This one would work anytime of the year and is one of the few large yardage pieces that I own.
Here's a close up one the fronts. The quilting was marked using a Full Line Stencil.